18 December 2018
We have a powerful new feature available to coaches to allow greater customisation of the data their athletes see, specifically the way in which they view their dashboards. Dashboard templates are a set of customised Dashboards saved under a coaching company that can be applied to any athlete’s account.
Firstly, to demonstrate how Dashboard templates work, this is how they appear on a coached athletes account:
Setting up the Dashboards
To set up the Dashboard templates as a coach, you first need to have a Coaching Company set up as these settings are saved to each Company, not each individual coach. If you are unsure how to set up your coaching company, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To create a Dashboard Template, navigate to your Dashboard and set up the Dashboard with the panels you wish to view for a specific dashboard template. For example, you might have a load tracking template that contains just the load chart, or a power output template that contains a peak power curve and table. For more information on customising a Dashboard, please view our masterclass on Dashboards.
Once you have added the panels you would like to view in a template, press the options icon in the top left, and click “Save as template”. Here you can enter the following summary information about the panels:
- Company- the coaching company you wish to save the template to
- Save as- you can save this as a new template or replace a current one
- Available for athletes- if ticked, athlete’s will be able to add this template to their Dashboard even if you did not apply it to them in the Dashboard settings (more info on this to come).
- Sport- select the sports that this Dashboard applies to. It will only appear in the accounts of athletes who have that sport selected in their account
- Description- some information about what this Dashboard is showing
Templates you have saved can be controlled using the Manage templates button. Here you can delete templates, and select which ones will be visible as the “default”. The default template can be quickly applied to all athletes.
There is a new section in the Athlete’s tab called “Dashboards”. This allows you to either add the default dashboards to all athlete’s account, or you can add in individual dashboards to each athlete. This is useful if you have athletes training in different sports, and wish to have run/ride/swim specific Dashboards applied to different athletes.
If you wish to make small changes to a Dashboard template you have already created, you are able to edit a saved template. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the Dashboard, and select the template you wish to update from the top left to open it
- Make the changes to the Dashboard as required
- Click “Save as template”
- Under “Save as” select the template you wish to replace
- You can make changes to the Sports, Title and Description here as well
- Click Save to update the template